Psychosocial Support Officer (PSSO)
Health Equity Initiatives (HEI), is a Malaysian based organization that advances the right to health for marginalized communities. To this end, HEI implements an integrated mental health program that adopts a community based, participatory approach for refugees and asylums seekers. The core of HEI’s program is community based interventions which engage closely with refugee community organizations.
HEI is currently looking to recruit a Psychosocial Support Officer (PSSO) with the following roles and responsibilities:
- Providing psychosocial support to patients to meet their needs with regard to access to healthcare, education for children, or livelihood opportunities
- To ensure the smooth integration of case management services in the overall treatment and care plan of the patient
- To liaise with external parties or partners in facilitating access to resources to meet these needs
- To participate in community outreach activities
- To work along with the HEI team in providing capacity building training to the community
- To maintain timely and systematic documentation of organizational activities undertaken
Qualifications and Criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling
- A Malaysian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Possess a passion to serve the marginalized
- Passion for community work, professional and able to work in a team
Remuneration will be commensurate with relevant experience and qualification.
Please send the application to The Administrator at email@example.com with the subject line “PSSO”