Associate Community Based Mental Health Coordinator
Health Equity Initiatives (HEI), is a Malaysian based organization that advances the right to health for marginalized communities. To this end, HEI implements an integrated mental health program that adopts a community based, participatory approach for refugees and asylums seekers. The core of HEI’s program is community based interventions which engage closely with refugee community organizations.
HEI is currently looking to recruit an Associate Community Based Mental Health Coordinator with the following roles and responsibilities:
- Coordination of the training of Community Health Workers’ (CHWs) including liaison with community, coordinating the development of the training program and implementing the training of CHWs including monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordination of the development and implementation of the mental health promotion and screening activities among refugees in refugee communities
- Oversight of the referral and patients management activities of CHWs.
- Coordination of all reports that need to be generated for the Community-based Mental Health Promotion and Screening Program.
- Facilitating the development and translation of all materials related to training and community outreach and providing content for social media when required
- Documentation and reporting for Donor Reports on all of the above processes
Qualifications and criteria:
- Masters in Counseling or Pyschology
- A Malaysian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Passion for community work, professional and able to work in a team
Remuneration will be commensurate with relevant experience and qualification.
Please send the application to The Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Associate CBMHC”