Health Equity Initiatives (HEI), is a Malaysian based organization that advances the right to health for marginalized communities. To this end, HEI implements an integrated mental health program that adopts a community based, participatory approach for refugees and asylums seekers. The core of HEI’s program is community based interventions which engage closely with refugee community organizations.
HEI is currently looking to recruit a paid Medical Volunteer with the following roles and responsibilities:
- Psychiatric and physical health assessments
- Supporting treatment of patients within a multi-disciplinary team and facilitating referrals for further treatment interventions
- Assisting in the running of HEI’s clinics, assiting with hospital visits, and conducting home visits
- Patient education, especially psychoeducation
- Documentation as per protocol and timely reporting
- Supporting the development of training modules and conducting training on health, pharmacology, and mental health if required
Qualifications and criteria:
- Recognised Degree in Medicine
- A Malaysian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Good command of English
- Passion for community work, professional, and able to work in a team.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
Please send the application to The Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Medical Volunteer”